BUICK CRASHES!!!

Guest imported_MrEarl

22 hours ago, Elpad said:

You have a deep feeling for 58's

For sure Elpad.

With still having two of my first cars both being 1958 Buick's, I think you might understand where it comes from. Seeing those crashed well....

1746288902_1958BuickLimited-January11971-brokenujoint-pic1-copy.jpg.e8b902dcd793eac026ce520f518138d2.jpg

821215247_1958BuickSpecial-August1972-49ElliottStLeamington-pic2-Copy.jpg.b69232007a1609323dca18b9ccaf8b08.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, Elpad said:

I wonder the damage caused by that impact on a modern car

Mansfield’s death caused the feds to require the bars on the backs of trailers that would keep a car, like Mansfield’s, from being able to run under a trailer.  The new bars were commonly referred to as “Mansfield bars.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Mansfield’s death caused the feds to require the bars on the backs of trailers that would keep a car, like Mansfield’s, from being able to run under a trailer.  The new bars were commonly referred to as “Mansfield bars.”

In the trucking industry we called them DOT bars/bumpers.  And folks STILL manage to run under some how.  

Ben

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

In the trucking industry we called them DOT bars/bumpers.  And folks STILL manage to run under some how.  

Ben

After retirement, I continue to conduct annual vehicle inspections on carriers according to FMCSA regulations. They have them listed as "rear impact guards" on the inspection form. They require certification and like Ben said, people still run into them causing great bodily harm and death.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...