1937 Ford Sedan--where to start?

Brejcha

I have inherited a 1937 Ford Sedan. I intend to sell this but have no idea where to start. The car is in original condition and runs just fine (in a 4th of July parade last summer). My Father was only the second owner. The only thing he did to the car was a new paint job using the original color. I have a history of the car. There are many extra parts for this car. I have many and detailed photos. I live in NY and the car is currently in Idaho. Where in the world do I start to explore the sale of this car? Any help/advise will be much appreciated.

Buy a copy of Hemmings Motor News at the newsstand, it will cost you around 5 bucks. Borders, etc. has it if you don't want to subscribe. This will give you a good idea of where ford sedans of that era are trading at. Also check out Fordbarn.com, in the v-8 section you will see lots of ads on these cars. The 37 was a little overlooked relative to some other years, however any of these cars are still pretty desirable. You may consider a broker or consigning the car but it may be as simple as listing the car locally in Idaho and letting a friend or relative handle the sale. Of course, if you post the car & on fordbarn you should get some interest as well. Good luck!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to respond back to me. I will do as you suggest and buy the Hemmings Magazine. I've been surfing the web and not getting anywhere. Too much information and way too many links, often not to the appropriate info. I had to chuckle when you suggested a broker. You haven't been to rural Idaho, have you! The car is in a little farming community of 1,200 in the middle of no where. A land where many folks still don't have computer technology. Once I get a handle on fair price for the car I'll pursue the sale. I just want to know what I'm working with. Thanks again.

I sold a nice 37 Ford Fordor from Texas,with 37,000

miles last year. The inside had been redone and it had

hydraulic brakes, new www tires, but other than that

as you describe. Running good, very pretty and ready

to enjoy. Sold for $15,000 in Florida.

Try the Early Ford V8 web site for info & sales

http://www.e-collector.org/framework/earlyfordv8.php