Leather Seats

Guest C.F.Massie

Guest C.F.Massie

Does anyone out there know of anyplace that makes a Reatta leather seat re-upholster kit of some kind. I want to redo my seats and the local specialty shop said it would cost about $650 per seat, OUCH!! The driver seat has developed some pretty good worn spots and the leather has gotten stiff and is cracking. I plan on keeping my 89 a long, long time and want to restore it back to its glory days.

My Reatta had 2 small tears in the leather drivers seat. I bought one of those leather patch kits from Permatex for less then $20.00<BR>It comes complete with glue,patch material for backing ,color dyes,and hot iron. The kit really works ---you can barely see the old tears---looks more like a scar in the leather now!Then I bought Lexol cleaner and treatment and did the whole interior.<BR>ronvb wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

I used a kit from a place called leathermagic. I was very pleased with the results. It is at leathermagic.com. I too thought My seats were shot but the cracking I had was the color coat not the actual leather.

LeatherMagic was extensively discussed on the Allante forum and apparently works very well. Though I have not used it, I was impressed by the fact that their tech rep contributed to the forum and put his phone number there promising to help anyone using their product.