Reatta heater control problem

paftga

Recently I have been experiencing a problem with my 90 Reatta heater control. After the cabin warms up, I lower the temperature control and all is well. When the cabin later becomes cold, I attempt to adjust for a higher temp setting, but the temp setting will not rise. All seems to reset after the car has been parked over night, but as soon as I lower the heater setting once again, I can no longer increase the temperature setting while driving. Any assistance is appreciated.

From my experience the most common part to go bad on the '90 -91 Reattas is the IPC. The second most common part to go bad is the ECC electronic climate control above the radio.

I know others have successfully cleaned the contacts but I took one apart once and couldn't see how to get at the contacts. They were covered by some small rubber covers and not accessible.

I do have a good working ECC and can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com

The IPC and the HVAC control are the two electronic problem childs of the '90-91s. IPC's, I've had no luck with cleaning contacts, but the HVAC assy, I have. In every case, and I've done maybe a dozen. (Riviera's of the same year are the same). Actually I've had success just removing and re-installing the connector. The contacts look fine; no evidence of oxide, but r&r the connector, and we're back in business.