1914 cars to identify maker

Guest stude8

Guest stude8

Hope to identify the two cars in this image, they both have upside down triangle logo on radiator shroud (Hudson??).

These cars are part of a large panorama image I have (62-1/2 inches wide) picturing 16 cars at the 1914 Monroe, WI Green County Fair. The other 14 cars are all Studebakers 1913 to 1915 ages. Stude8

post-31139-143137927161_thumb.jpg

Guest stude8

Thank you Chris for the ID, I suspected they were Hudsons and the relation to the other cars is it was a dual Studebaker / Hudson dealer who brought his flock of Studebaker owners to the Fair for an outing.

Monroe is about a 40 mile drive into the country from Madison, WI.

There are by my count 86 people in the photo most sitting in the cars for the photo session and a few onlookers in the background. The ladies all had their finest hats on and the gentlemen mostly wore suits and ties.

If you look closely they are faces of European immigrants, German, Italian and other nationalities, probably why they favored the Studebaker German name.

I have divided the image into 12-1/2 inch segments and will try to merge them into a single digital file to reproduce from. A big project. The segments mostly exceed 1 megabyte so they are too large for this forum. One is 700K, the far left end group. You can see the original print has aged poorly from years in a frame over a bar in Wisconsin. Stude8

Sorry to report the image provoked a CGI ?? error and was rejected. [color:"blue"]

• 2 years later...

Chris is very close.

The roadster is a 1915 Hudson 6-40, the touring a 1914 6-40.

The windshields are different. Also, the rods between the headlights are in different locations - see where the license plate ends up relative to the radiator. The 1915 6-40's were introduced in June 1914.

Bill