1967 Buick Skylark GS 340

guins66

The 1967 GS 340 is basically a Buick Special with a 340CI engine. The interior is that of a Special, meaning plain vinyl seats, no carpet, no arm rests in the back seat, etc. It came in only two colors, White and Platinum, with a lot of red trim, such as hood scoops, red stripe along the bottom, red wheels with small rally hub caps. Although I do not have the exact production figures with me, they are fairly rare. However, it's value would be significantly reduced if it does not have a Buick 340CI engine. That's really what makes the car special and gives it its name.

I owned one once with a 350 Buick engine. It was white with a black vinyl top. Could this be the same car?

I just saw this car on eBay. The interesting note is that the seller gives the engine number, which matches the VIN number, meaning it has the original engine. The picture of the engine is blurry, but it looks like a Buick 340CI engine. Both the Buick 340CI and Buick 350CI were painted red and they look a lot alike. I'm betting it is the original 340CI engine.

Everything else looks authentic for a GS 340.

• 2 months later...

Hi I am new to the forum and am looking for some advice on a 1967 buick gs 340 I have an opportunity to purchase. The car is going to need full restoration and I am not sure if it is worth the 3000 the seller wants. This car has the 340 engine and is also a convertible. I would like to know what I should look at to see if I should purchase it. I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

AJ

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
The 1967 GS 340 is basically a Buick Special with a 340CI engine. The interior is that of a Special, meaning plain vinyl seats, no carpet, no arm rests in the back seat, etc. It came in only two colors, White and Platinum, with a lot of red trim, such as hood scoops, red stripe along the bottom, red wheels with small rally hub caps. Although I do not have the exact production figures with me, they are fairly rare. However, it's value would be significantly reduced if it does not have a Buick 340CI engine. That's really what makes the car special and gives it its name.

I owned one once with a 350 Buick engine. It was white with a black vinyl top. Could this be the same car?

They did come with black carpet! My brother still has the platinum 67 GS my dad bought new. 3692 of them were made.

Edited by c49er (see edit history)