1941 Continental - correct seat materials.

Paul K.

Guest Bruce Nussman

I have a 37 page Lincoln Authenticity manual that I ordered from Lincoln Continental owners club years ago. It shows there were two options. (1) all leather; (2)leather and whipcord combination. It also shows leather door panels with the bottom approx 5 Inches in carpet. You can order a copy for the original factory build card from the Ford Muaeum in Deaborn Michigan that will show how the car was built. Cost approx $20.00 It is a nice Item to add to your collection.

I re upholstred my 41 Continental, we used a good grade vinal that has leather like grains and most people think it is leather. The nice thing about it is 25 years later it looks like new with no cracks.

Good luck

Bruce Nussman bruceandpeggy@bellsouth.net

Guest imported_V12Bill

Ford Motor Company allowed special orders for different items on the Continental in 1941. (Paint colors, two tones on coupes, special tires etc.) I have seen a documented broadcloth interior in a LC Cabriolet. This is why you should get a build sheet from Ford on your car. Any special order LC that is not restored to original will be lost for ever for its uniqueness. We may legally own the car, but we are really only stewarts for future generations to see and admire.