Prior Remanufactured ABS

Just purchased Prior ABS need info from others who installed it. How much time did it take a brake shop? Cost? How has the reliability been? How much did brake tests improve? MyRedCpe was getting one installed in 6/01 please send info. <BR>Thanks, Ray

The new Prior system take about an hour to install. Shouldn't need a brake shop. The system comes from Prior complete and ready to install. I needed to change the reservoir to the original one on the car as the one from prior was alittle different. It is very easy and outlined very well in the service manual. A note to all - With all of the trouble with old brake systems out there this is a very good way to get the system back to new condition for a reasonable price. Prior is very good to work with and for $400 and a set of good wrenches for the fittings the ABS works great. My son and I replaced ours and the Brake system works as designed. I agree with the annual fluid flush as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Put the Prior rebuilt ABS on my 90 coupe on turkey day. <BR>The most difficult part for me was getting my jelly belly and butter butt under the dash to get the pedal unhooked and the 4 mounting nuts off. <BR> frown.gif" border="0 Took me about 3 hours, but I watched a lot of football while doing the job!<P>The rebuilt system came with a reservoir that did not fit under the cross brace. (Reattas must have had 2 different shaped reservoirs) Just switched out the reservoirs. Flushed and bled the system and everything is fine.<BR>All test went back in average range.<P>Would recommend the total Prior rebuilt system over replacing parts to your original.<BR> <BR>Prior P/N is 4600134.<BR>Cost 403.95 plus $100 core. <BR>Shipping $10.01.<BR>Phone # 800-444-4821.<P><BR> wink.gif" border="0