buick,pontiac,oakland?

earl e rizer

Thanks again. Is there anywhere on the body on maybe tailight, interior that would have a nameplate? the data plate on the firewall has FISHER BODY, JOB NO.6920( not sure of numbers) and below that BODY NO.4977. It has been too cold and dark every time I go out to the barn it's in, but tomorrow I'm going back with a flashlight in the morning light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry about that....I was going by your first pix to say it's Oakland.

Listen to the Pontiac brethren, especially the ones from Canada.

More info might come from the Reynolds-Alberta Museum

just south of Alberta's capital city.

TG

435461-57BuickStonehenge2.jpg </div></div>Hello TG.Thanks again for your assistance.

More photo's coming this week

Car is most likely a 1929 or 1929 1/2 Pontiac, based on hood louvers, radiator shell shape and use of 4-digit "job" number on the cowl tag.

GM stopped using 4-digit "job" numbers in 1930, and a "Job" number is just another name for the body/style number.

8920 is the body number for both 29 and 29 1/2 Pontiac 4-dr sedan 5-passenger.

The 1929 1/2 is the mid-year carryover into 1930 before the true 1930 car came out and above a certain serial number it's considered a 1930 model. Serial numbers on these are either under the left front fender, or on the right side of the rear frame cross-member.

Thank you very much pontiac59 for all the spec's. Do these cars have a loyal group of owners?

I don't know much about the pre war cars, except a bit of Ford history from my early years when my Grandpa,Dad and uncles were into them. My opinion is the car is too far gone to restore. What I mean is too many dollars & hours for me. When I have more photo's and can get at it I will list it in the buy/sell section.

Thanks Again !