For Jerry jjroverholdings, cup holder

imwillyum

Jerry:<BR>I have come up with a teriffic cup holder for the 90 Buick Reatta that fits into the front of the center console. I made one and it was fairly easy. I bought one of those cup holders that they have for boats and RV.s that fold up, bought 2 cheap cup holder that have the plastic mounts that fit over the door sills. Cut off the 3 sided bracket off the cheap plastic holders (I bought 2 for $1.62). Attached them to the back of the fold down cup holder with screws and it fits over the front of the arm rest so that you can still close the lid. You will have to make another minor modification so that the cup holder when finished fits flat, but it works wonderful and folds up out of the way when done.<P>If you want more info I will give you the part numbers for the three cupholders I used to make one so you can make one yourself.<P>Will grin.gif" border="0

Another solution to the drink holder problem. I read in an earlier post (can't find it now) about the Wizard adjustable cup holder. I had purchased one to use in my MR2. It didn't work at all in the Toyota. I then put it in the Reatta. It has two legs on it that clamp by turning a little thumb screw on the side. By putting one of the legs in the ashtray, and the other outside the console, it works great for holding any size drink. It still lets you use half your ashtray and lighter. It you put it on the passenger side you lose your lighter but gain full use of the ashtray. It's an ugly affair that works perfect. I bought mine at Wal Mart, but have seen them everywhere, just never in the right color.

Hi Will:<P>Thanks for the info -- and sorry about the tardy reply. Just returned from a week on the beach in 80-degree-plus Ixtapa, Mexico, between Puerto Vallarta and Alcapulco. (It's tough duty, but someone has to do it... They have so much tequila down there that they're actually selling some to us gringos.)<P>Jerry grin.gif" border="0