Interior lights

Guest BREH

90,convertible:when door is opened lights go on .When door is closed light go off, with no fade to off. Also no interior lights go on when light button on remote is used. anyone know the fix? THANKS.

There is nothing in the manual to indicate that the interior courtesy lights dim.<P>When a door is opened, that send a signal to the BCM and that turns on the courtesy light relay and that grounds the circuit to turn on the lights. It is tough to make a relay turn off gradually.<P>The non-functioning remote is probably a bad connection between the remote receiver and the BCM. The wire from the remote receiver is spliced into the same wire that comes from the door switches, so if the doors turn on the lights that part of the circuit would be ok. I presume the remote unlocks the doors, so that signal is good. There is a possibility that the "light" button on the remote is bad... if you have two remotes, try both.

Thanks Barney,yes the remote opens the doors & the trunk,but not the interior lights or the light outside arround the keyhole.I have the 2nd remote but its well used & needs a battery.Ill try a battery swap.I also have a 89 coupe & the inerior lights fade to off I just thought the 90 would do the same.