Priorrman brakes

O.K. I am ready to bite the bullet and purchase a rebuilt brake system from prior for my 89...Has any one had any experience with these systems? And, who did you have do the replacement. Most garages won't touch it? Thanks for any help. From 'hard left hand pull during severe braking' Ron

This may or may not be a valid reply, suggestion. No real info to go on but:<BR> Your problem may have nothing to do w/ the unit!<BR> There are several ways to disable the Anti-Lock function and test the brakes w/ out the Valve Block operating. <BR> If the unit was causing the pull there will be no pull if the Anti-lock is disabled. <BR>The Anti-lock light should be "on" if Anti-lock is disabled.<BR> Also, if the Unit caused the pull there should be a code in the ALDL.<BR> Also, If you let engine run or leave key on long enough to fully pressurize the system-Turn key off then immediately restart and the yellow Anti-Lock light should momentarily come on as the entire Anti-Lock System is checked-then light should go off.<BR> Hope you have given the car the Tests at reatta.net /Brakes<BR> Provide complete info if you want to continue.

I echo Wally's post that you should make certain your problem is in the ABS system. If you find that it is, I bought a Prior remanufactured Bosch III unit for my Allante and it is still working fine. I think that if you have a problem with their units, they will take it back and rebuild it again. If they have one in stock, you can pay the core charge and send your back after installation. If not, you have to send them your unit. Taking the system out and putting a new one in does not look particularly complicated, though some items might be a reach. YOu might try to find a mechanic that specializes in Caddilacs. If he works on Allantes there is a fair amount of carryover to the Teves system. I know Matt's Caddyshack here in Southern Cal would have put my Prior unit in if I had asked him to.