noisy clunk in front end

Today I spent an hour under the 90 coupe turning the rubber gromets around on the front stabilizer bar. Over time the gromets lost there grip and the bar had enough movement to hit the body on the right side. By rotating the rubber gromets they grip the bar like new again..and voila....no noise! I would have bought new ones but I thought I'd try flipping them first, and it worked great. Another, why didn't I do it sooner?!!Steve

I have been sizing up my 90 for sway bar rebuild. It appears the front sway bar is 7/8". However it also appears the 90 does not use the usual end link set up. Does Summit really sell the end links for this car? Do they really sell the rear link and bushing? The rear looks like a different set up entirely.

My 89 front is what I think of as being totally conventional construction. <BR>Sway bar anchored to chassis by bushings and endlinks are (to cut and paste from Jegs) "You get a pair of 3/8'' grade-5 bolts surrounded by heavy duty zinc plated sleeves and washers, polyurethane grommets and nylon insert nuts. Measure length of OEM spacer sleeve to order the correct length."<P>AS I have sold my old 89 and not picked up the replacement 89 from Texas I am doing this from memory but it seems to me that rather than rear endlinks there was a small rotating ball joint type of thing replacing the endlinks (might also be what the 90 has same on the front). Neither shop will have these. The rear sway bar was anchored to the chassis with what I think of as being conventional bushings. Held with one bolt so will require some exacto or dremmel work to round a corner off the bushing. The rear sway bar is a very small diameter. Was thinking about the 89 not 90 when I replied. Response is still "Buy new". <P>Old 89 bushings and end link grommets are high quality tan colored urethane from factory!<P>Hope this helps.