My new reatta...whats with the brakes?

I recently bought a 90 Reatta convertible, white with blue interior. I was at an auction buying for our Museum and it came across "No Reserve"..I think I bought it right. Today I noticed a pull to the left in a semi-emergency braking is this common?<BR>Thanks confused.gif" border="0

While reading the brake section and some of the back posts (search on TEVES) is wise for anyone with a Reatta, pulling to the left on hard braking that stops when you take your foot off the brake sounds more like a malfunctioning caliper on the right front.<P>Look for the simple answer first. It may just need a normal brake service.<P>On the other hand, if you feel unsafe, I might be interested...8*).<p>[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: padgett ]

to "billbuickgs" -<P>I owned 2 Reattas for a combined total for 5.5 years. I also seem to have the most history with actual brake system failures (call me the 'brake failure queen', if you will).<P>In my experience, age & maintenance has little to do with these brake system failures. They are simply of a very poor design. My first one was 6.5 years old when it was totalled due to intermittant system failures that were undiagnosable & therefore unfixable. The second one had an average of one part failure each year I owned it (4.5 years). The brake fluid was flushed once every year while I owned it. The 2nd time the accumulator failed, it was under 2 years old & had been purchased from & installed by GM.<P>Unless these cars are recalled & fixed, I'll never own one again. I don't want the liability involved with knowingly driving a lead-sled down the highway.<BR>~Brenda