'50s I8 Thunderbolt engine for sale in FL

Jack_Vines

Hey, I just found your e-mail address on the internet. I go to this local junkyard every so often in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It?s called ?U-PULL-IT? located in Davie, FL.

4301 S State Road 7

Davie, FL 33314

(954) 581-4889

Anyway, there is a Packard in the yard of some vintage (I really have no idea). The car appears to be early 50s. There is a massive 8 cyl motor in it that says ?THUNDERBOLT? across the top of the cyl head. Cars don?t typically stay very long AT ALL in this yard, and I?d REALLY hate to see this engine melted down for scrap. There isn?t much on the car to save, it?s pretty well rotten out with rust everywhere.

Anyway, the motor looks 100% complete, with the air cleaner, the carburetor, intake and exhaust. If you know of ANYWHERE, or ANYONE that wants to buy it, please pass this information on to them. I inquired about buying the motor myself (just to save it from the crusher) and they said it would cost about $130 dollars with everything on it.

This place does NOT ship, so someone would have to actually go out there, pull it, and take it home.

Please post this to all the Packard message boards you can.

Thanks,

Todd Jaspers

Programmer / Analyst, Information Technology

2269 Dan Marino Blvd.Miami Gardens, FL 33056

P: (305) 626-7337, F: (305) 623-6487

TJaspers@dolphinstadium.com

Dolphin StadiumMiami Dolphins