Particpate in a color choice poll for me??

Guest Gee_Rydes

Guest Gee_Rydes

You all have been really awesome with your feedback on my color choice dilemma. Would you mind taking another moment and logging your choice/choices of color you would prefer if you were to buy a 1965 Riviera with a saddle interior??

Also, what color would you absolutely NOT buy regardless of how nice it was??

Again I REALLY appreciate your time and opinions

Dave

1. Regal Black

2. Verde Green

65s demand attention regardless of color.....but if you are going to the trouble and expense of doing an exterior color change, to me Black or Verde Green would be the cats meow with that interior. This body style begs for a dark color.

• 1 month later...
Guest Deebenarc

Dude,

My heart says Verde Green, My head says Black.

The 65' in my driveway says Silver Cloud w/Black inside is AOK.

Dan

Guest 63riviera

I made a 8 month process of getting just the right paint.It had to have the iridescence of the Silver Arrow--which was my inspiration for the color:

I used Mercedes Astral Silver because the German paints have finer metallic mica/metallics which contribute to the iridescence. Porsche polar Silver is very cool because it was a touch of blue in it.

My painter said the '63'65 Riv's look best with a brighter color. he wanted to paint mine Lexus pearl white. But since mine was originally Silver cloud, i wanted to stick to something that closely resembled it.

One stunning Riv I saw in the "let's see those Riv's!" thread had one in champagne that looked drop dead gorgeous

A Lot of people told me black. It is cool, but shows all the swirl marks and any surface imperfections. Unless you have a lot of time and/or money, block sanding the body to get a smooth paint application, and then color-sanding it between colors and clear, it doesn't show off the car as it was meant to be shown.That's why silver was THE color to get.It just totally complemented its lines. the light -blue-metallic also looks good, but nearly so as this Porsche polar silver color that had the fine silver iridescence and a hint of blue.

Probably Sahara would be my choice with your saddle interior. I have a 225 with Sahara that looks nice. Also have the Champagne in a Riv-looks to me like mixing gold and silver together-I like it more and more as the years go by-