power steering cooler??

anyone know where I can get a power steering cooler from? Mine has rusted out. Would it be possible to substitute a small transmission cooler if a new p/s cooler is not available?<P>Thanks

Yes, I have seen other forums where they use small transmission coolers as power steering fluid coolers. They usually autocross various cars and that really heats up the pumps, with a transmission cooler there is more fluid to circulate and cool also. Robert

Thanks for the help,<BR>That is what I was thinking also. It may be less expensive and easier, around 30 dollars to just intall a tranny cooler. I'll call some of the salvage yards tomorrow to see what they have

Here is a list of people with Reatta parts cars. You will need to contact them to determine if they have the part you need.<P>Sek3@aol.Com (90 rear only ..blue seats)<BR>lbtsales@penn.Com<BR>debbitc@massed.Net ('88 red/tan, '88 white/red, '89 burg/grey)<BR>apoolart@aol.Com ('89 red/grey)<BR>jfinn@computerpro.Com (several cars)<BR>abowen@stanleyworks.Com ('88 black/grey)<BR>ccrowe@tuthill.com ('89 silver/grey)<BR>Similex@aol.com ('90 black /tan interior)<BR>jrsettle@bellsouth.ne t (1989 coupe, burg int)<BR>jkrafty@bigfoot.com ('89 coupe)<BR>blkmagicarab@earthlink.net ('91 white coupe/tan interior) some front damage<BR>---- the following are wrecking yards with Reatta parts--------------------------<BR>* <A HREF="http://www.brandywineparts.com" TARGET=_blank>www.brandywineparts.com</A> (Ron Hall) in Virgina and MD<BR>* <A HREF="http://www.thebuickplace.com" TARGET=_blank>www.thebuickplace.com</A> (Phil Hertel) Phoenix AZ<P>.

Thanks Jim,<P>Wish I had seen your post earlier. I needed the part ASAP so I had already ordered one first thing this morning from "the Buick Place". Thanks for the help. I will keep you in mind should something else come up, which I'm sure it will!<P>Adam