Sign in to follow this  
Jayne

first gen interiors

I was looking at the post about stereo recommendations and saw the dash in 63riviera's car has a black vinyl covering instead of wood ,my 64 has this also but I thought that a previous owner had just replaced the wood . Was vinyl offered at all? also my door panels have no wood only a vertical metal piece w/a tri-shield logo.what were the different interior options available on first gens and how do I tell if mine is correct? thanks. P.S. Hi everybody,nice forum,never did get the e-mail thing to work.

I've had a 65 GS, a 65 with a standard interior and 2 with a deluxe interior. They all had the black vinyl around the stereo. But the wood kits you can order always come with a wood trim for the radio area. Did any 1st Gen Rivs come with woodgrain around the radio from the factory??

Jayne, You have the standard interior in your car and the black pebble vinyl is correct. The Deluxe interior has the wood grain in the center console and door panels and ( note to Gee Rydes ) is the only year that has the wood grain around the radio. Kevin

You say 64 is the only year with wood around radio? and only on deluxe interior ,correct?