About 8 years ago I had some cadmium plating done for my Triumph by Cowan Metal Finishing Co.. I was very satisfied, and according to the web site linked they still do it. They're in Pittsburgh.

The Thomas Register lists several other firms that still do Cd in both Western PA and in Eastern PA. Depending on where you are in PA you can probably find sone nearby.

• 8 years later...

The screws and bolts that you see at the hardware store are most likely zinc plated ,especially if they are shiny. Zinc is okay as a finish but will deteriorate quicker than cadmium plating. There are still many shops that still do cad plating, you'll just have to hunt them down. Quantity is also a key to lower prices and companies like it when you can mount your hardware on wire rings when ever possible so the parts are easier to keep track of. Many small items are thrown in together and small parts can get lost easily.

jpage, So true large plating shop don't like doing small auto plating jobs so they mix it in with large industrial work to off set the cost. Speaking from experience and owning a large industrial plating shop for 42 years and being a car enthusiast I started Old School Plating to cater to the classic & antique auto field. We process each job seperate with the best of care. Having my father's plating experience and plating bibles we still offer the OEM finishes from Yester-year.

jpage, So true large plating shop don't like doing small auto plating jobs so they mix it in with large industrial work to off set the cost. Speaking from experience and owning a large industrial plating shop for 42 years and being a car enthusiast I started Old School Plating to cater to the classic & antique auto field. We process each job seperate with the best of care. Having my father's plating experience and plating bibles we still offer the OEM finishes from Yester-year.

Hi Steve,

what are you doing is great! When someone is restoring his car back to original, something like the correct plating can be a challenge. I hope the best for your business and that you'll never lost the passion for the antique cars.