95 Supercharged

Guest dabecker65@gmail.com

Help. I am in need of the small ribbed wiring harness shield that fits on the drive end of the supercharger. Apparently the previous owner lost it. Could not one find locally. Anybody have a spare for sale?

These could be the same on all SC3800s, so that widens the possible search to the Pontiac GrandPrix areas too, plus the RegalGS.org area. By observation, most of the interest (website and forum-wise) is in the GrandPrix and RegalGS areas on the Internet.

Also, don't forget about the GM Supercharger oil! The first year for the SC3800 did not have a way to check or change it, but later versions do AND it's in the maintenance schedule at about 50K miles (as I recall). Few people don't know about it, but need to (by observation). Many of the Pontiac dealers stock it, but it's available from any GM dealer that desires to order it in min order quantities. If your dealership does not have it or want to order it, respectfully ask them to find a "closest stocking dealer" via their parts locator network or via GMDealerWorld. If they still resist or act like they don't know what you're talking about, then you can probably find the part number from one of the online websites mentioned above and do a search at Partsvoice.com and get it that way (hopefully, you'll not need to do that). It should also be listed in the back of your owner's manual in the "Replacement Parts" listing.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the input. I believe the GP & Regal are Series II and have a different engine cover like the '96 and on Riviera. I have been seaching for the Park Avenue between 91 and 95 in addition to the Riv. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I had purchased GM supercharger oil when I got the car in order to change it. The Eaton M62 has a plug on the drive end at the base to check level (30k intervals and most are never done unless the dealer serviced) and you can suck the old out to replace w/ fresh - wear gloves and apron because the old smells really bad when it is removed. Unfortunately, before we could change the oil in the original, we found the bearings to be already gone. We got a reman unit from PSE in California with a lifetime warranty for $459 plus freight. Great people to buy from and the rebuild seems superb w/ improved bearing and seals over the OEM from Eaton.

While we had it opened up, we replaced the intake and valve cover gaskets, egr valve, pcv valve, plugs & wires, hoses, belts and idlers and all filters. Also ended up replacing the traction control accumulator, PCM and trans cooler lines. About the only high dollar item left is the fuel pump...runs like a scalded dog now, but I we still want a pre-war 60 series or 70 series - just love that 320 c.i. eight.