glovebox problem

Mickey

Mickey,

There is a manual release for the gas filler door. Open trunk lid with remote entry or a key. Find a white plastic release handle on the left side in the vicinity of the gas filler door. You may need to bend down a bit to see the release; it?s near the top underside of the rear quarter panel. You may have to pull back the carpet on the side. I can?t remember if you have to pull or push the handle to open the door. I don?t know of a trick for getting into the glove box.

Guest alex_houston

On a spare I have laying here, it looks like you can hold the handle upand on the right side there is a metal peice. On that metal piece is an indentation. Insert a very small scewdrive to pry with and "lift up" on the scew driver as if were the handle. The glove box should pop open.

It is that metal piece that hold the glove box closed and rotating it slightly releases the door.

After you do get it open I have several Reatta parts cars and have a good replacement latch for your car. I will also send instructions on how to remove and replace your lock cylinder from your old latch to the new one. Let me know the color of your interior and I can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com