Packard logo info needed

zip

I'm hoping a Packard buff can help me figure this out.

I'm trying to track down the years they used the radiator logo.

I found one piece of info that said 1908 to 1929 but can find no other mention of the logo.

Anyone know when that logo was used?

Thanks in advance for any help

zip

Guest imported_Speedster

You didn't say which logo you are referring to, but if you are talking about the large chrome Packard name (script), that is mounted diagonally on upper right corner of radiator, I think they stopped using that in '28. In '29 they started using a small badge type logo on top center of grille-shell.

I'm not sure if it was an option or not, since I have pictures of many Packards between '21 and '28 that don't have it, but I also have pics of many, of all those years, that Do? It may have been that only the more expensive models had it, during the '20s?

Guest imported_Speedster

Again, Are you referring to the Packard Name script? It was used in Advertising until production stopped in the late '50s.

It's possible that you are confusing radiators with grille-shells?

Can you attach a picture?

Guest imported_Speedster

I'm Not sure where you are Going with this, but if you are Buying or Selling, this is the Wrong section of the forum to list it. But if you have questions, you will need to be more specific with what you have and what you want to know about it?

A picture always helps?

Guest 1956Packard

If I read zip right he asking.... when did Packard use the shape of the radiator (and grill) as an advertising logo. For example on signs, print ads etc.

If that is where you are going, I don't know the answer, but the 'Packard grill shape' was used on its cars up to the end. I suspect, therefore, that 'shape' was used in advertising, signs etc. for many years.

Then again, I'm no expert....

As indicated above, a photo may help us to help you date things. Be aware, I think a lot of those signs have been reproduced over the years???

Geoff