Reatta Mufflers

I bumped the muffler on my 88 reatta on a curb a week or two ago, and now it looks like I have to replace from the cat back. Right now the car still has the original exhaust system. <P>I have called Buick dealers, but the exhaust system was discontinuted back in 94, and I can't find one anywhere. I went to Cole Muffler, and Middas, however, they don't have anything either. Middas came up with one system, a Walker (but only a single outlet pipe from the muffler, not the standard dual out), and they also wanted over 500 bucks for it.<P>Does anyone know where I can find a Reatta exhaust system, or do you know of anything else that would fit. If I can't install genuine Reatta parts, then don't mind paying a bit more (ie for performance parts) if they are worth the money, but I don't want to install junk... smile.gif" border="0 <P>Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Suggest you consider installing dual outlets. You can use a Camaro cross flow muffler made by several quality manufacturers. On the stock system, the shop only has fabricate the right side pipe and weld on dual tips. You need to cut the plastic rear valence to match the left side. Most aftermarket sellers, such as Flowmaster, use a chart that sizes the muffler as to inlet/outlet diameters and external dimensions. If you want to go stock, just measure the current muffler and compare it to their chart.

As of a few months ago the 88-90 exhaust was still available through GM Parts. The 91 muffler is no longer available. Part number on 88-90 muffler is 1647735. Don't have part number handy for intermediate pipe.

Vince:<P>I have the original muffler off my 1990 <BR>Reatta that was just considered a total.<BR>Had new exahust put on. However, kept<BR>the original muffler that was in very<BR>solid shape.<P>If interested, please e-mail. Will let<BR>you have it for a song...<P>Tully Man

Vince:<P>I have a friend in Brantford Ontario, not far from Buffalo and she had her car exhaust (non-Reatta) done at Elite Stainless Exhaust <A HREF="http://www.worldvistas.com/elite/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.worldvistas.com/elite/</A> She highly recommends them. I investigated a custom polished stainless steel muffler for my Reatta. They also custom bend their stainless steel pipe. With the $US so high compared to the $CDN you should be able to get an incredible sysyem for litttle money. If you go that route I would love to see photos, Robert

In order to get parts from GMpartsdirect for our Reattas, it is necessary to know the part numbers. Some of us have copies of the parts manuals for our cars. If you are looking for any part numbers, post what you need, and I or one of the other members with the catalog will post the part numbers for you. smile.gif" border="0

I have a sketch that I can send to you that might assist when muffler shopping. It would be nice if I could post it here but if possible, I don't know how.<P>Send me a note and I will send it to you.<BR>Barney@texas.net null

Barney,<BR>Can't you scan your drawing and save it on a disk? Then could you not send it as an attachment to an e-mail? If you have it on disk, the rest of us could send an e-mail address that would allow you to forward the drawing to who ever needs help.<BR>My muffler looks good but it appears not to be your everyday muffler.<BR>Thanks for all your efforts to help us.<BR>Steve