Reproduction of 71-73 lens?

imported_75RivGS

Guest wildcat62

Hey Rob, I thought I saw one in the "Cars" catalog and looked it up. They describe a courtesy lamp lense for 1971-1973 and the part number is CL-713R, priced pretty dear at 39.50 a pair. My catalog is from 2004 so it may have changed. And since my internet is run by hamsters I can't download from their website. They are at www.oldbuickparts.com. I did not order any from them so I'm not sure about quality or if they are correct fit.

If yours are at all brittle, they are shot. The body shop cracked both of mine on my 72 when it was there last winter. When I went to replace my lenses they literally disintegrated into nothing on contact.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply Kris... didn't checked CARS for a while.... strange that they are describing them as courtesy lenses...the price looks more or less fair to me.... I see original lenses sold on eBay for the double of that price. Maybe order a few pairs... there are quite a few boattail owners here in The Netherlands looking for a pair

Did somebody here ordered them? Did they fit well? Looked like original?

Guest 63riviera

I need those things, too in my '73.

\But at this point, they aren't my main concern.

I iinstalled a new TA waterpump, 12-SI 94-amp alternator, flex-fan, spacer, belts , hoses, Accel 71105e electronic distrib. with #35366 7.5 amp ign module, a Jacob's Ultra Coil, 300+ plug wires, 0.065" gapped R45TSX plugs, Optima Redtop--- and it runs GREEAAAT!!! Idles smoother than my Lexus, has very crisp throttle response, starts up well in cold weather, and gas mpg went frorm 8.9 to 15.1.

The previous owner put a 2 1/2" stainless steel, mandrel-bent, magnaflow exhaust that sounds sweet.

Cosmetically, there's no rust (it was a AZ car and the previous MN owner kept it in a heated garage in the winter,but it could use a new, better paint job. The guy put some Coker wide whites and a new, partial vinyl roof on it that make it look like a pimp car.

He also added some ugly T-Bird sport Coupe bucket seats in black leather/suede and a tweed rear seat from when the interior used to be tan. The stereo needs to be completely re-wired. I'ms omewhat of an audiophile--so I'm startinga new system from scatch.

But I really like the car. It operates and drives suberbly. It's my daily driver. And eventually, I'll do the interior right