1942 lincoln

Guest jimreid

Guest jimreid

just sent dues in for lzoc .I own a 42 3 window coupe somewhat orig nice lincoln many years ago had a 41 ,just had to get another . looking for trunk fabric have orig its worn out info on interior its cloth ,would like leather if thay came delux that way any way its running and stopping now so lets see how how reliable it is. nice forum jim reid tampa fl.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_V12Bill

Jim, I have material left over from my 48 Lincon convertible. What I have was original type to the 48 but I don't know if it is the same as the 42. It is a twisted paper fiber that is woven into a plaid pattern, very similar to what I remember as cheap seat covers for cars in the 40's and 50's. The basic colors are red, blue, tan and green, with red and blue being the predominate colors. The plaid is not exactly the same as original, but is a close match. I have enough left to do two more cars with a trunk length of about 58". I don't know if the 3 window needs more than that or not. I have about 128 inches 54' wide.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jimreid

this is in no way a quick reply --sorry any way i would be interestd in your material it would do the side panels and front thanks for your interest and help jim reid

Guest imported_V12Bill

Jim, The woven material is used on the floor of the trunk only. The sides and the front of the trunk are covered with heavy cardboard as used for the base of door trim. The cardboard of the 48, and maybe the 42 had a burlap pattern. I will be going to the LZOC Swap meet tomorrow and can take the material with me. Do you live close enough to make the meet?