electro-luminescent inverter

Guest mongeonman

Guest mongeonman

can someone tell me if the electro-luminescent inverter for console is still available from the dealer,and is the part number 1642274 for it.has anyone ever tried a different kind inverter for the console.thank you.

While checking out my problem with the inverter, which Jim and I are talking about, I did check to see if the part is available new, from my Buick dealer. As I remember Jim's comments, there are two inverters, one covering the lights on the dash pods, and one covering the console lights. These inverters change car electrics to low level power for electro-luminescent panels in each of the above. The one I checked for availability is the one for dash pods. It is no longer available. Not sure of the number however. My problem with dash pods is intermittant, which we think rules out the inverter.I'll be at my Buick dealer tomorrow and will get the numbers again.

The inverter in the console changes the 12 volts DC in the car to 110 volts AC to light up the electroluminescent panels in the mirror and window switches and the shift panel and the second one in the dash lights up the electroluminescent panels in the switch pods on either side of the IPC.

Guest mongeonman

thank you for looking.I bought a 75 watts plug in lighter type inverter at canadian tire,opened it and modified the connections to fit the original connections of the car.It works but i will try to get an original one cause i d ont like to modifi things in my car,i like original stuff.