Looking for Center Cap for 1991 Reatta Part Number 3521602

reattamd1991conv

Welcome to the Wonderful world of Reattae, reattamd1991conv!

Please post some pix of your Reatta for us all to enjoy. I've attached one of mine for you.

Finding the center cap(s) you need may be difficult, and expensive. Best person to ask may be Barney Eaton, our Buick technical advisor. He can find almost anything. if you decide to get new aftermarket wheels, I'd be interested in your original ones, for a colorizing project on my '91 convertible.

Also, consider applying for membership to the Buick Club of America, and the BCA/Reatta division. I'd be happy to sponsor your membership application, as I also own a '91 drop-top.

Be sure to visit Reatta.net for more tech and production data on your Reatta.

post-38921-143137917934_thumb.jpg

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a colorizing project on my '91 convertible.</div></div>

OH NO! Step away from the paint can!!!!!

I attempted to send you a message, but for some reason it did not go through.

I make a 1991 "clone" hubcap that cannot be told from an original when mounted on the car. I had samples with me at the Rochester Buick national meet and at the Lansing Homecoming. I am attaching a photo that shows a clone and factory original side by side...... impossible to tell the difference.

They are available for $75 each including shipping...these are new GM parts that have been modified to "clone" the 1991 Reatta hub cap.

post-30596-143137917947_thumb.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 14 years later...

Sorry but you are a few years late.......... I can no longer make the "CLONE"  because GM has discontinued the new hubcap that I used. 

I do have some NOS 1991 Reatta silver/grey caps remaining.    The NEW original caps are $160 each including shipping.  

• 1 year later...

If you should need a white cap for your 1990 Select Sixty or the limited number of white wheels sold in 1991 you will surely need to 

start with a silver one and paint it white......they are even harder to find. 

If anyone wonders what is the difference between the 1988-1990 cap and the 1991  here is a picture.

The 1988 -1990 wheels were 15"   1991 went to 16" wheels of a different design. 

Also a picture of a 16" white wheel and hub cap. 

hub caps.jpg

whitewheel2.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The "R" logo on the caps are the same for all year Reatta. 

I have some NOS plastic emblems that are for the hub caps...  very limited supply

$14 each including shipping.

I also have the cloth embroidered "R" logo for the 1988-89 floor mats.   I have all four colors but only a couple of tan left. 

$8 each including shipping.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Also, the part number for the 15" hubcap is 1645004, and for the "16 hubcap is 3521602.  As Barney says, the round "R" logo disc is the same size for all years.

• Like 1

Here is a size comparison.   The 1988-1990 hub cap had an aluminum covering. 

The 1991 was painted silver to match the wheel..... and there was white ones to match the white 

16" wheels used on the 1990 Select Sixty convertibles and white wheels were a $100 option on white 

cars in 1991. 

hub caps.jpg

whitewheel2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, padgett said:

Bean Counters again. Allante got 16" in 1989 and My 90 Bonneville came with 16"s. 16" tires were expensive at the time.

Although the Allante was twice the price and the Bonneville was a much larger car 

Not sure what your point is ? Several earlier Buicks had the same wheels so were in the inventory. Even the Fiero GT had 7" wheels.

BTW my 1990 Bonneville was not that big. Same 3800 drivetrain and less than 200 lbs more than the Reatta. New had 16x7 Crosslaced (similar to snowflakes) wheels.

side.jpg

On 3/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, padgett said:

Not sure what your point is ? Several earlier Buicks had the same wheels so were in the inventory. Even the Fiero GT had 7" wheels.

BTW my 1990 Bonneville was not that big. Same 3800 drivetrain and less than 200 lbs more than the Reatta. New had 16x7 Crosslaced (similar to snowflakes) wheels.

side.jpg

The point was it made sense to have larger wheels on a larger car.  These were the full size car of the day.  Plus the standard ones had 15' on the SE and above had the 16.  The 15 inch wheels also probably fit the designers vision better for a lower look.  The Allante didn't "share" a wheel with any other model, it was bad enough the Reatta had to share a wheel with the LeSabre T Type and then the 91 style with the Riviera. 

Don't know why this keeps going on and on.

I sent one person all the information I have.... I think it was the original poster.    

(1) This hub cap was only used one year..... Buick only made 1519 Reattas so it is not a surprise that they did not supply a lot of spares. 

(2) I purchased what I could find years ago thinking this would be a problem and I should have a spare or two. 

When the originals dried up,  I looked into something that might be a substitute,   I looked at a lot of GM cars on dealers lots and measured anything 

that looked close.    After buying several hub caps that ended in dead ends,  I found one.   There was a LeSaber cap that was the correct color and size but the center had the Buick tri-shield.

I experimented and with a fixture and cutter,  made a hole in the cap that would accept the "R" logo ...... I sold these as "clones".    Now the supply of LeSaber hub caps has dried up so I 

have no supply of them to make clones.      

Looking at all the facts,  research, and sweat involved in the above..... people wonder why the few available hub caps are so high in price.   Even when I was making the clones,  new 

LeSaber caps cost about $45 before any additional labor was involved. 

• Like 1