Air bag removal instructions ?

justfish89

Somewhere on this discussion board I think I saw directions for Air bag removal,does anyone know where it is or can anyone post it for me ? I've only been on this board for a very few weeks and it has been most helpful not to mention many good discussions and many nice folks. I certainly do enjoy it ! wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Thanks for the reply,Reattaray1,but the article to which you refer is for the removal<BR>of the steering wheel and it only states that the air bag is secured by screws on the back side of the steering wheel. It states that there is a plug to be disconnected and it cautions that the air bag can still deploy even though it's disconnected. It also advises that one should "remove the plastic cover under the dash/column and unplug the yellow connector" and it closes by stating "Don't have the key on when unplugging the bag or you'll set a code". I hesitate to attempt the air bag removal without DETAILED instructions,so,could someone tell me exactly where the "plastic cover" and the "yellow connector" are located ? I'm only wanting to try to install a steering wheel cover which I purchased from "Pep Boys" and I fear deploying the air bag because I understand it's very expensive.<BR>I appreciate any advice or instructions that anyone can furnish. THANKS confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0

Ronvb,<BR>In a post from Consultants_1 on 10-04-2000<BR>he discusses the installation of the exact same steering wheel cover that I intend to install (Pep Boys/Superior Industries "extra-wide Superskin" and with regard to install-<BR>ation he says "Three suggestions though,if you get it WEAR GLOVES while stitching it<BR>(I used a cross-stitch),disconnect your battery and remove your SIR (if '90-'91) for a clean and finished look,and,most of all take your time ! It took me over two hours".<P>I felt like this person was as particular as I am and probably,like myself,didn't want to shell-out $200.00 for a new (refurbished) steering wheel. That's why I desire to remove the air bag,I DON'T WANT A RAGGED LOOKING INSTALLATION !<P>Thanks for your reply,I now hope you under-<BR>stand my reasoning. Danny Walker<P>P.S. to Consultant_1: If you're still out there,would you please respond to my post ?<BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0