Parts for 56 Ford Fairlane

Guest dickt

Guest DickTrierweiler

WTB: Decent chrome on 56 Ford parking light housings and hood ornament. Also an operational windshield wiper motor for the 56 Ford Fairlane. Thanks Dick

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DickTrierweiler

Thanks rgrove for the response. I applogize for not answering you message. The reason I needed a windshield wiper motor is that the car didn't come with one. I have finally gotten one now. Thanks Dick

Guest 56ranch

hi, just bought a 56 country sedan. would like to know if they had a vacuum wiper and electric wiper in these.? would like to switch to electric. thanks

I currently own a six-passenger country sedan-two seat fordor with customline trim. Wipers are vaccuum. Let me know if you find a source for the springs that hold the liftgate up. Mine have lost their tension. Should not be a tough item as my car is a driver. Good luck with a great car. If I can help you with any of my experience of owning a car for the last ten years that has a lot of unique parts due to it's body style, let me know. John Ropelewski, Erie Pa.

You may want to reach out to a company called Tee-Bird products. They have the most comprehensive catalog for '55 and '56 full-sizr fords i have ever found, and they are realy helpful/friendly. Their catalog has a lot of assy diagrams (from the original parts books), plus they sell service manuals, etc. I dont have their # handy, but they show up if you google their name. They are in Exton, PA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest simplyconnected

I'm doing my '55 Customline right now. The setup I bought cost about $200, and was manufactured by New Port Engineering:

http://www.newportwipers.com/

Among other dealers, J.P.L Streetrods sells them on eBay:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZjQ2epQ2elQ2estreetrods

These 12-volt motors are self-park and bolt to the stock mounting bracket. I bought the optional interval switch & knob extension too. The switch features - INTERVAL, LOW SPEED, HIGH SPEED, and it turns the squirt motor on when you press it IN.

Like everyone else says, electric sure beats those old Tricon vacuum units.