instrument cluster i.d. 30's-40's

pakkrat

Found a cluster today, maybe it is pickup. The late 30's stuff looks close but I have looked at many web pics and haven't seen the exact one yet. But mostly cars were searched. It is about 12" by 6" high, convex to fit a slightly curved dash. Stainless bezel all around. Straight across numbers to 100 wrote with a little flourish near the top. Speedo needle just shows thru a slit cut in cover plate which was whitish with some thin black accent lines. Looks like maybe a black paint circle in the center over odometer. Bright lights light in upper left corner. 4 square or slightly rectangle guages along the bottom from l to r: generator light only, gas, (then odometer) then oil pressure then water temp. Made by A C on back, patent applied for. Thanks for any leads. Also the round ones shown in the first pic could use identifying. Thanks.

post-43806-143137917298_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, I finally found a pic of the first cluster on the auto manuals online website. I have still to find a good pic to confirm the 35 Chev. They look really close on the vague pics I have come across. It will help when I list them for sale on Eb. Some of the guages still work believe it or not. They were found UNDER an old delivery truck in an old salvage yard. thanks for the help. I'm just too young to be able to rattle off the fitment of these old parts. However, I have been alive long enough to know you have to stand BEHIND a chicken to kick it in the kneecap. Rob.