Another one bites the dust (buy-back info - NH) ....

Hi all!<BR>Since my 1990 was rear-ended, I had several inquiries regarding buy-back of the vehicle. The insurance company has set a price of $400. If anyone is interested in the vehicle for that price, I will get the information necessary for a direct purchase from either the insurance company (Royal & Sunalliance in Manachester, NH) or the auction house (Auto Placement Center, located in Salem, NH). If, however, you don't want to deal with them, and I need to purchase the car to hold for someone, the cost will be $650, as I will have to have it transported & stored until it is paid for & picked up. I need to know ASAP, as I expect a check from the ins co before the week is out.<P>For those seriously, interested: description of salvagable parts vs. not salvagable parts:<BR>-remaining GOOD body panels: both doors, roof, both front fenders, hood, front bumper covers<BR>-possibly trunk lid (has spoiler mounted on it), no visible damage, but not sure if it is truely straight<BR>-GLASS - ALL in good condition (windshield shows wear, but nothing major)<BR>-interior toys: everything in good working order except IPC & tape deck<BR>-interior: dark burgundy: seats - excellant, one of the rear panels has a 1/4" cut in it (but is not tearing), door panels in reasonably good shape, center console armrest has approx 2"x1.5" tear in it, carpet is in good shape (with small spot of nail polish under one floor mat - for all intents & purposes, unfaded) everything else good<BR>-RIMS:reasonable condition, clear coat peeling on at least 2, has all 4 center caps<BR>-mechanicals:engine has approximately 100k on it (replaced in the spring with a used one), everthing else under the hood in good working order with the exception of the brake accumulator. Transmission needs torque converter<BR>-COMPUTERS: wouldn't try to salvage any computer parts (ECM is definately bad & so is IPC), BCM has possibility of being salvagable though<P>I can scan & send photos of the exterior of the car for anyone interested, but have no photos of the interior.<P>Please let me know & if you are interested & want to talk to me about the car, email & I will provide a phone number.<P>Thank you!<BR>~Brenda<P>Reatta2go@aol.com<BR>crash photos: <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/gohighr/Crash.html" TARGET=_blank>http://hometown.aol.com/gohighr/Crash.html</A><p>[ 09-18-2001: Message edited by: Reatta2go ]

Just to clarify:<P>I AM NOT BUYING THE CAR TO PART OUT. <P>I am merely offering for someone else to purchasse it at a reasonable price so that they may part it out.<P>I have no place to keep a parts car.