1950 OLDSMOBILE VIN LOCATIONS FOR DMV REGISTRATION

Carbuff2

I am going to register my Oldsmobile and know that the vin in the drivers door frame is not enough for California to register .... they require the 2nd vin generally stamped on the frame or on some body panel can anyone give me an idea where to look so I can point it out to the DMV Representative and get my car registered?

I also am looking for the 2nd vin location on a 1970 BUICK GS . HELP .... HELP .... HELP tHANKS pAUL

Hi, I am registering a '51 Olds which I purchased out of state, so it has to be inspected before being registered in California. I'm a couple of hours south of you.

The VIN number in the A pillar doesn't match the one on the title, or it didn't on mine. The title shows the engine number, rather than the VIN number, which was the standard practice back in the day.

My car is under construction, so I wasn't able to take it to the DMV or the Hiway Patrol for inspection. The lady at the DMV told me there are private, licensed business' that will come to your house to inspect it. I called one of those company's and they will come to my house for $35.00, and do an official inspection so you can get it registered. My car was from out of state, so inspection is mandatory. If your car came from Calif, you may not be mandated to have an inspection, but with the number on the title not matching the VIN, it might be a good idea.

If your car is drivable, just take it to the local DVM or Hiway Patrol office.

I haven't yet had my inspection because one of their rules is, the car has to be complete, on four wheels, and resembling the car it is, Quote, unquote..!! I have my front fenders off, and the front suspension apart, being rebuilt, so I have to wait until it's back together and then call for an inspection.

If you have any other questions that I might be able to help with, give me a shout..!

BUNNELLYL@AOL>COM