upholstery shop recommendation in North East region

bobs1916

Can anyone recommend an upholstery shop or individual for the seats door panels and top on my 16 touring . I live in CT so closer the better .Certainly I can travel several hours for a quality job at a rasonable cost . Does any one have any panels looking for a door??? Thank you

Don(Duffy) Ripley of 50 Grant St., Cortland, NY 13045, Phone 607-753-9858 does excellent uphjolstery work. He completely did a '16 DB Touring a few years ago and redid my top bow coverings. I also know of a '67 Buick he did the uphostery and top for and the owner was very pleased.

Hello--

This is not necessarily a recommendation, just information to help with your project. In 1999-2000 I did a frame-off restoration of a 1921 DB touring in Connecticut. The restoration included new top, side curtains, and upholstery, all reproduced from the originals. The master upholsterer was Emil Krusinsky of Dragone Classic Motorcars, 1812 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06604. I was pleased with the quality of his work, though it was expensive for my budget. You might want to speak with George or Manny Dragone, visit their upholstery shop, and talk with Emil if he's still there. Dragone's telephone number is (203) 335-4643. Their website is: www.dragoneclassics.com/home.htm. I'm attaching a photo of the canvas lining, which is a good reproduction of the original. Sorry I can't help much with your project--I'm living outside the U.S.

post-31576-143137916312_thumb.jpg