GAS MILEAGE

BLG1990

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE GAS MILEAGE ON A 1990 REATTA SHOULD BE?I GET 300 MILES TO A TANKFUL ON COMBINED DRIVING.DIVIDE THAT BY 18 GALLONS WHICH I BELIEVE THAT IS HOW MANY IN THE CAR GIVES YOU ABOUT 18 MILES TO THE GALLON.SHOULNDT THEY DO BETTER THAN THAT?THANK YOU

Guest busconv

I have a 90 white/burgundy convertible and get over 29 on the highway at 65-70 mph. Not sure around town as it is not an everyday driver so most miles on the highway. I would feel your 18 is too low.

Guest F14CRAZY

It'll be about 370 miles to a tank with freeway cruising, 70-80 mph. They're rated at 18 city, 28 highway, both of which are realistic. You can probably get higher actually

Guest Reatta1

My 88 with now, 95k+ gets around 24 mixed highway/city driving, 28 to 31 on fairly level highway driving. Had car since 62k and have never had a tuneup on it. Probably time to do that.

980908_90.jpg

My record is 505miles on one tank on an 89 and the display showed 5 miles still in the tank. YES I was nervous at the thought of running out!

This question just came up on the Riviera forum (their's not the AACA).

I drove my black '90 back from CA in October, it was running a little rough. On the way home to AZ, I got 19 mpg, I added two bottles of injector cleaner on the way. Once home, I changed plugs and wires. The next check was highway mileage, 28 mpg. City driving, 114 miles divided by 4.95 gallons= 23 mpg, strictly city driving, I was amazed. Yes, it was full tank to full tank, I used the trip odometer.