You may find the history of your car here!

Guest wally888

Guest wally888

This could start a very long thread!<BR> While cleaning the enterior of my new 91 toy<BR>that has the rubber missing from the cupholder (how fix?), also does not lock closed but stays in the unlock/ready to be pulled out position ( how fix) and an ashtray that doesn't quite snap closed (how fix).<BR> I , on several occasions, pulled the compartment under the center armrest from my 89's. Just simply remove.<BR> I attenpted removal in the 91 to gain access to ash tray and discovered there is a real difference. There are 4 retainers/clips, 2 at each end, similar to those that hold Dash Pad but they surrendered much easier.<BR> What I found:<BR> 13 toothpicks<BR>2 cigarette lighters<BR> a clothespin<BR>a small pad of post-ums<BR> 2 quarters<BR> 1 dime <BR>1 nickel<BR> a penny stuck to a piece of Trident<BR> several pieces of trident<BR>a full, unopened package of gum<BR> 9 vials of eye medicine<BR> a bottle of Binaca breath freshner <BR>2 bandaids ( I needed one as I cut my hand on one of the retainers/ be careful/ sharp.<BR>a large rubber band<BR> 3 packages of Sweet and Low<BR>a parking receipt from U. of Ga. garage<BR>and other junk.<BR> There is still a lot down there as the carpet that runs from the exterior under the consol bottom edge and upwards due to tailpipe channel, has a lot of room under it. I just can't get my hand in a position to grasp what is still there.<BR> I expect some kind of finders fee or sharing from those who find Rubies, diamonds, pearls or cocaine!

Guest wally888

And, forgot to mention.<BR> Any thing you lay on the closed ashtray lid, falls through the rear crack formed, when the lid is opened.<BR> " Hey man, what happened to that new joint I just rolled?"

I had to remove console insert to tighten latch for console armrest. I found------since the ashtray insert was missing- about----3-years of ashes ,12 cigarette butts, a small calculator, 8 bic lighters ,3 books of matches,$5.65 in change,1 pen,2-fuses,and the original remote security control,and a box of tic-tacs. Thank god for the tic-tacs as it acted as a air freshener for all the ashes and used butts. No other treasures or historic documents found!<BR>ronvb grin.gif" border="0