Eye level Stop light problem !

justfish89

Somewhere on this board I read that the biggest Reatta problem was "Electrical" ! I'm beginning to believe it ! I'm having a very hard time trying to get the eye level stop light to work ! I've replaced the very expensive bulbs and checked the wiring but that didn't help. I have a '90 convertible and,as you know,it's on the outside. The stop lights work fine. Is the eye level light controlled by the same stop light switch as the stop lights ? Any suggestions for my delima ? mad.gif" border="0confused.gif" border="0

I,have the same problem with my 90.My problem is the wire thar goes into the stop light from the trunk area.If I push up on it,itwillwork for awhile,so their must be abad conection in the socket.<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>Tony

Both the coupe and convertible use the brake switch for the high level stop light.<P>The switch has three terminals.<BR>The ORANGE wire should be hot at all times (at the switch, located at the brake pedal)<BR>another unspecifed color wire coming from the same terminal(may be white). That second wire contains a capacitor and the other end connects into the same terminal with the blue wire. I am not sure of the function of the capacitor.<P>The BLUE wire feeds to the third/high stop light. <BR>The third terminal is a WHITE wire that feed the standard brake lights through the turn signal system.<P>Start checking at the switch for voltage when the pedal is pushed.<P>The next place to check is at the light assembly for both 12V and ground. <P>One possible problem, especially on convertibles is loss of ground. I cannot get to my car to check, but since the assembly is mounted on the convertible boot, there needs to be a GOOD ground. <BR>The ground wire is black.