1947 dodge truck *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED* *DELETED*

dodge_maniac

Since it is a mechanical injection Cummins it shouldn't be too hard. If it is an automatic, there will be a problem with the trans. You need the computer to tell it when to shift, etc. If you are put off by fabricating a set of mounts, you should reconsider the project. Mounts are generally pretty straightforeward. You should be able to remove the mounts from the 94 frame and make them fit the 47 without a bunch of hassle. Truck frame dimensions haven't changed a whole lot over the years. I've done maybe 15 engine swaps and this should be fairly easy. Don't expect that cheezy Harbor Freight hoist to lift that big ol' Cummins, though.

Well i wanted to keep the 8.25x20 wheels.The truck wont look right with big fenders and little tires.I am gonna have to get another truck to drive so I can get parts.I am gonna use the original frame cause it will be long enough to make a cowboy truck. I need at least 10ft of frame for a flat or dump bed.I am thinking of fixing the doors and keeping the little wing window would that be better than a big window?also i wanted at times be able to crank out the window even though i will have a/c. the only thing i aint sure of is disc brakes for the front, where might i be able to find them kind of brakes.