1928 Buick wiper switch

Guest oakland

Guest oakland

Could someone tell me what kind of a wiper switch was used on a 28 Buick. I have a 29 Oakland that has the switch missing. The knob in the dash is there, but the switch on the back side of the dash is missing. It is a pull/push type setup. I purchased a 28 Buick switch on Ebay, thinking that it was a push/pull type also, and I could install it under the dash of my Oakland. The switch that came is a twist type switch. The switch is amall, and the knob that you turn to open and close the switch is only about 1/2" in diameter. Surely this wasn't the knob on the dash that was used to turn the wipers on and off. It seems almost too small for that. Does this go under the dash and attach to some kind of knob on the dash? I would appreciate some information.

What you discribe sounds like the wiper switch. There was no switch on the wiper motor. The vacuum line went to the switch (the one you have), which was mounted in the dash to the left of the steering column. The line then went to the wiper motor. The knob is small and knurled. You turn on the wipers by unscrewing the knob. And that's it.