40 special pics-got it right

Guest edalfa

I had to delete my previous post since the pictures were to large to load correctly. Now that I've figured that out, I am posting a few of my baby.

Ed Sheehy

post-41563-143137913327_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Very nice Ed.

So, I'm led to wonder...there certainly seem to be a lot of '38 Buicks (particularly Specials) still out there. There's one here in town (Ewing's) and a couple years back I took him along to look at a 2 door. On this forum there certainly seem to be a few. Were there that many more of them in the first place, or were they just that much better at surviving?

Just thinking out loud...again.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Derek:

The first thing that happened was Buick made a bunch of cars in 1938, and they were good cars. They had gotten the hang of the new straight eights (3rd year of production), the cars are generally considered to be among the best looking of all prewar cars, and the Centuries especially went like stink!!

In 1939, Buick did that neat grille, but it lead to very serious overheating problems and the survival rate of 1939's is about a thirds of the survival rate of 1938's and 1940's. You're right on several counts about 1938's.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Looks great ( just like mine) But mine was made into a street rod before I bought it so the wheels aren't original (wish I could find original wheels so that I can restore it to stock-looking condition)

RayG

BCA#42576