Value of mint 1990 coupe ???

steve90

OK Reatta folks, looking to determine a value range of my 1990 Reatta coupe. It is the very rare red exterior/grey interior color combo. <BR>It has 22,500 actual miles, yes actual. Original air still in tires. All systems work perfectly. It has been stored every winter and has never seen a snowfake. No dings or flaws. Standard car with no CD, sunroof or 16-way seats. Multiple trophy winner including BCA Regionals. What do you think? Thanks!

Old Cars editor Keith Mathiowetz wrote in the 8/30 issue..."I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but the reality of the hobby is that there are very few #1 cars...shiny paint jobs, presentable interiors................ a #1 is fun, but a #3 will set you free."<P>In todays market, if the car is as nice as you say, might bring in the high teens. There are people asking more and less. The ones that are asking less are finding buyers.<P>While we have no exact numbers on colors, about 30% of 1990 production was red, which would be over 1900 red coupes. The 1990 product manual indicates that only tan interior was available with red exterior, however there are 23 cars in the database with the red/grey combination which might be 15-20% of the red cars.<P>Another thing to consider is the lack of options. Most serious Reatta collectors want all the options if they are going for a car. Not having the sunroof, 16 way seat, and CD player is difficult to value. A car with one or two of the options is insentive to the purcherser, all three is icing on the cake.

A look at autotrader.com yesterday showed a listing of 240 Reattas with an average price of $7471, a low of $1495, and a high of $22k.<BR>You can do a sort of your year and coupe. Not sure what other sorts are available but with this quantity of cars nationwide you can probable get an asking value. I agree with Barney, price sells! Good luck. smile.gif" border="0