Side mirror problem

Has anyone had a problem with the side mirrors not working anymore (motors)? I have problems with both side. The drivers side will move uo & down, but not sideways. I think its the opposite for the passangers side. They did work at one time, then quit. Any info would be helpful. I do have a manual, but if someone could explain the fix in english, it would be appreciated!!! tongue.gif" border="0

Guest Greg Ross

Ever spill beverages on your Console, between that sort of abuse and age the Switches now, it's quite likely the broblem could be there.<BR>The Switches can be disassembled and cleaning of the contacts will usually cure the problem.<BR>Do you have a manual, are you up to disassembling the console to remove the Switch for service-it's a bit of a nasty chore. smile.gif" border="0

I had to replace the driver's side for that exact reason. It is not a repair that I was willing to tackle. The glass has to be removed, but it is glued to its mount. Not likely without breakage. I have not seen the actuators available individually. I believe the mirrors are still available as an assembly from GM. Replacement requires removal of the door panels.<BR>If one mirror works up/down and the other works side-to-side, then the switch is probably good.<BR>Good luck!

YOU MIGHT CHECK THE WIRING UNDER THE DRIVERS SEAT. YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE SEAT TO GET ACCESS. THERE ARE ABOUT 7 POWER LEADS<BR>THAT ARE CRIMPED TOGETHER AND ARE IN A PLASTIC TRAY, WHICH WILL HOLD WATER IF ANY<BR>GETS IN. COROSIAN AT THIS JUNCTION POINT CAN EFFECT THE MIRRORS AND THE DOOR LOCKS. I HAD <BR>INTERMITTEN OPERATION ON MIRRORS AND LOCKS<BR>AND FOUND THIS TO BE THE PROBLEM. CLEAN AND <BR>RECONNECT AND IT MAY HELP.