'90 convertible - all original - $5500

The silver Reatta ragtop is for sale. Original paint, two-owner Southern California car; never any bodywork or rust. $5500 reserve. See eBay auction # 594560155. <P>Jerry Sellers

Janet, meet Erin, 16 (who just couldn't live without a Reatta convertible like Grandpa Jerry's). Great project: find and fix up a ragtop for her. About the time one's located and acquired, the tune suddenly is, "All my friends have Mustangs; I just have to have one, too!" So I now have two Reattas, which is really more than one person should have to bear. Youth will be served...<P>Jerry Sellers

Skip: We spend the first three-quarters of our lives putting up with corporate b.s. and acquiring things. At about 65, we become aware of our mortality -- and begin to enjoy divestiture instead of acquisition. It's fun to see your kids -- and grandkids -- tickled to get something they love NOW, instead of inheriting it when you die. I've having more fun giving things away than I ever did acquiring them. In the past two years, I've lost both my older brothers -- and I'd give anything to have just an hour with them now. I want my children, my grandchildren, my TWO great-grandchildren to remember me as a fun guy, not a cranky old man. If I had time, I'd tell you about my search for a Jeep Wrangler for my other granddaughter. It's fun -- and keeps me young.<P>Jerry Sellers

Idle Swede: I was chuckling at your posting, thinking that, yes, the Rolex and the Reatta are about the same price...when I remembered that my first car ('36 Ford three-window coupe) and first watch also cost about the same: $25. <P>Jerry

Jerry, I thought my 80 year-old Dad was unique in all the world because he thinks so far outside the box with regard to giving, and enjoying the results, while he's still alive. Your views are remarkably similar to his. I'm sure you don't know how truly rare you are (he doesn't either). Just had to let you know. Good luck with the sale of your convertible...and with the Jeep hunt. <P>Kim K.

Kim: Thanks for your kind words. They are indeed important to me.<P>IdleSwede: Sorry, but as I said, we're getting rid of things rather than acquiring.<P>To All: Thanks for your kind words. The Reatta sold today to a neat guy in the Chicago area. He's going to fly out and drive it home. I'm sure he'll be an active member of this Forum, as I am with our Maui blue convertible.

Jerry I hope You know I was kidding You. You sound like one great Person. Our Kids are Young for such a small time. I agree spoil them when You are here because it can turn into a fight after We are gone. It did when My Parents died. I know what You mean about mising the brothers. I am the same with My Parents. Good Luck!

Well I bought it!! The 90 reatta convertible.<BR>I havent seen it but Jerry sounds true to his word. I'm going to fly out there and drive it home, with the top down ofcourse!! grin.gif" border="0 can't wait!! I'll be bringing it home (almost), I only live about an hour east of Lansing MI. where it was built. So I'll at least drive by it. Big THANKS to Jerry for all his help!! smile.gif" border="0 <P> Dean-