Rear Trunk Door

Guest grkman1

Guest grkman1

This evening I tried to open the trunk door for the first time. The lock was unlocked, but nothing happened when I pulled on it.

From inSide the trunk I was able to open the door by pushing against it. I had notice that while driving, this door would rattle slightly. I didnt see anything behind the locking handle of the door that would grab and lock the door. Anyone know what I am talking about? How cn i get this to open from inside the car with the lock unlock?

Thanks

Your description is a little confusing, but I think you are talking about the pass-through door between the trunk and passanger compartment.

It is either locked or unlocked, unlocked it does not latch, it just sits there and rattles.

When you turn the key to lock it, there is a hook on both ends that hooks over the projection on both sides of the opening. With the door open, turn the key and look into the hole(s) on the trunk side of the door. You should be able to see the hook move in each of the holes....if that is not happening, you may have a broken part inside the door.

If both hooks are moving...you may need to apply pressure to the door when locking...this all depends on the adjustment of the two pins. If they are out of adjustment, one might latch and the other might not. You need to check it out to see what needs to be done.