Might buy a 1990 Buick on Sunday afternoon

Found a 1990 Reatta for sale in the Chicago<BR>land area. White exterior in really clean<BR>shape. No dings, scratches or dents. The<BR>inside is a red wine coler leather. Front<BR>seats has average wear for a 1990.<P>Car drove very tight and smooth. Break<BR>pedal was one of the hardest and tightest<BR>break pedals I have ever felt (even more<BR>so than my Porsche 9280)<P>As this is will be first Reatta. Question<BR>is: $5400.00 for a 80k about right price<BR>wise?<P>Can I expect pretty good luck with this<BR>type of vehicle?<P>Please let me know a.s.a.p. as I plan on<BR>a second test drvie, Sunday 08/19/01.<P>Thank You<P>Reatta Man

Hi,<BR>Are the brakes working properly? You may want to inquire about work done on the brakes. One of the most costly repairs on the Reatta are the brakes. A lot of info. here if you search on brakes also a test sequence to assess the brake function. Good luck and if you buy welcome to the gang.

RM I am a bit late with this reply but better late than never! My car came from Chicago too and it looked nice but I am concerned with the amount of rust on the undercarriage. Even if it does not rust through it makes it a bear to get stuff apart and to keep operating. I actually broke the fuel filter in half trying to replace it. Take a close look at it and see how You feel about it. I have went over My whole undercarriage with extend but a lot of damage has already been done. Brake lines and fuel lines are pretty rusty too.

Thanks for your reply skip. The underside<BR>looked very clean.<P>This is one of the first things I looked at.<P>Outside of car was an 8 out of 10.<P>Interior was a 7 out of 10. Could have been<BR>higher but leather wear on the seats.<P>Thanks for your insight.<P>Reatta Man

If Your seats look like Mine when I bought it, it is just the color coat that is coming off. Someone here mentioned a place called leather majic and I redid My seats about 6 months ago and they still look like new. It was fairly cheap and easy to put on. I think it was like 30.00. I cant speak highly enough about this stuff. My seats looked like they had cracks in them that looked gray. It stood out terribly. afterwards they looked great.

I couldnt get the site to come up last night but I tried it this morning and it did. Then I tried to send a link and it didnt work Sooo I am going to try and insert it here. Can You tell I am not a compuer pro? <A HREF="http://www.leathermagic.com/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.leathermagic.com/index.html</A> <BR> To get Your color matched You can send them Your interior code off Your data tag and make year etc. or they also ask if You can send them a piece of scrap from Your seat,it would help. If You cant get this site to come up then I will get You a telephone number<BR>Heres there email addy too info@LeatherMagic.com<p>[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: skip5015 ]

There are detail guys that circulate around the dealers' used car operations. They have the correct colors of leather dyes and know how to apply them. These fellows can also remove stains and can hide paint blemishes and scratches. Might be worth getting in touch with one through a dealer.

Did You get the site to come up? I know that any type of service can be bought but this stuff is so easy to use that I know they can not dye Your seats for the 30 bucks the kits cost. This stuff is impressive. Color match was perfect and it is easy.

Hi Lew. The first addy I put in was spelled wrong. I wrote majic and it should have been magic. The first one will get You to an upholstery place but it is the wrong one. Try the one that I spelled right. Sorry

Did you buy this car? I have a 90 with 97,000 miles that is in perfect mechanical condition. Has a brand new GM replaced tranny and the body is 90% perfect too. The factory cassette player doesn't work but everything else is good. I work for a communications company and I drive this car all over the east coast. My car is red with tan guts. The exhaust has been modified to allow to breath and my fuel economy is in the high to mid 20's. I'm not really tring to sell the car but if you really need one I can hook you up. Contact me at kferris@digital-link.net if your still in the market. smile.gif" border="0