selling 2 1942 Zephyrs on EBAY

hastobefast

I am selling both of my 1942 Zephyr's...both survivor cars, a 3 window coupe and a 4 door sedan. Both in incredible original condition. Listing on EBAY that expires Oct 16. Don't know if the link will work, but I'll try.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Zephyr-3-window-coupe_W0QQitemZ250037696170QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yes these are Don Dickey's cars (still has a dash plaque with his name on them), but I didn't get them at his estate auction. A local guy did, and sold them to another man who brought them back to life. From what I can tell, they were driven regularly until the mid 70's, and then saw limited activity. Sedan is in better shape than the coupe, but overall both are something. I am curious about the life story of the sedan. Urban legend has it that a funeral home was the orignal owner, and used it as a procession vehicle, and that's why it has been high and dry with such low miles. JB, any truth to that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mike,

I doubt that there are very many ORIGINAL Zephyr convertibles left.

There is a restored 1938 Zephyr convertible coupe as well as TWO 1939 Zephyr convertible sedans listed at lzoc.org in the "Pre-War Cars for sale" section. I have seen the '38 in Los Angeles and it is as near perfect as you can get, but it's NOT cheap!

There has been a nicely restored "show-winner" 1948 Zephyr convertible on ebay twice that hasn't met the reserve. (Lincolns seldom seem to meet their reserve on ebay). It looks like a really nice car. It's item number: 220035556420 and you can still view the pictures on ebay.

Last year Merv Adkins had a 1946 Zephyr convertible for sale in Ontario, CA. It was a pretty original un-restored car that needed a complete restoration. I haven't heard if Merv has sold it yet. Look in the "services" section at lzoc.org for Merv's numbers.

I recently acquired a mostly original, relatively un-molested 1941 Zephyr convertible, but it is a MAJOR project car, having been left unprotected outdoors in South Dakota for many years. (attachment)

Good luck in your search!

post-32768-143137911063_thumb.jpg