1923 Oldsmobile

wlroscoe

My neighbor (not an intenet pro) has a 1923? Oldsmombile. We could use a picture or drawing of a tool for compessing and installing the split rim on his wheels. Anyone with information out there? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks, Warren

I should have a picture some place, and I'll look for it, but please be patient and not expect positive results.

Meanwhile, a quickie explaniation. The tool is used to remove a tire and replace it onto a split wheel rim (like on a 27-28 Chevrolet 21" rim). after the air is let out, the safety rim key is pulled, Spread out the swing arms and three arms evenly spaced around the rim, the single arm with the screw gear should be close to the split so that the hooks fit on the rim and the rim is pulled inward and the tire can be removed from the rim. After the tire is repaired or a new one is ready to be put on the collapsed rim the tool is now used (inside flats) to push the rim back together and the safety key can be reinserted..... Anyway that is the way I use it....

Hope that helps.

Here's one picture. I thought I had another that didn't have all the background in it. In any case, the tire tool in this picture is the green thing clamped to the rim. Hope this helps.

3f_12.JPG