Supercharged Reatta... maybe

Ican obtain a 97 Buick Park Ave Supercharged 3800 engine and overdrive transmission. It comes with all the accesories including the wiring harness and the computer. I'd like to think that I can swap this out with the 3800 that's in my 89'Reatta. Am I dreaming?

Mechanically there should (operative "should") be no problem, they have been swapped into a LeSabre before. Would want to check the hood clearance first. The more difficult piece is the electronics. <P>If you use the OBD ECM that came with the '97, the BCM will not be able to understand it. Consequently, the earlier swap used a P4 ECM from a 91-93 Turbocharged 3800 and was reprogrammed to match the '97 supercharged maps and Reatta BCM.<P>Would be an interesting project.

Go to the search and type in "supercharger". You will find a post done in the first part of June called "Supercharged Reatta Done". So the swap can be done, but as I recall, it was with a 93 engine. Howard rolleyes.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Howard ]

Did anyone ever get their BCM to work properly with the SC engine ? Saw one that appeared to be using the stock computer which I strongly doubt has the right fuel maps or boost limiters and another with the ECN from a 93 Bonneville SSEi (injected/injected ?) without indication of whether the BCM works properly.