90 Reatta springs

A friend without internet access has a 1990 Reatta and the dealer has advised him that BOTH front springs are broken at the top and there are NOT available from the dealer ...Ideas please, Thanks Robert Fletcher<P>PS I have a 1989 189,000 miles and running like a charm

Both front springs are broken at the TOP ? My first thought is "take it somewhere else". Have never seen that happen. Have seen springs beat the top out of the tower but never both at the same time (and not on a Reatta)

I'd be a little wary of that repair shop as well. Unless they're showing your 'friend' that the springs are broken, they're probably full of it & are trying to make an extra buck.<P>I say this for 2 reasons: (1) IF they were actually broken, there would likely be some severe ride/drivability problems and (2) I've got nearly 190k on the original front suspension on mine & it still does the job.<P>Be vary careful, get a second opinion & ask to see the car in the air so they can show you the problem.

I agree with the other posts, i.e. don't pay for the dealer's learning curve at $50/hr here. I have the only Reatta in town and go to the dealer as a last resort. Go to a shop with a good reputation with the locals.

Well, they lied about the springs being available (22528243, $38.20 each from gmpartsdirect.com), so their diagnosis would be suspect too.