"Select Sixty" convertible?

Was there such a thing as a limited edition "Select Sixty" white/white Reatta convertible? Apparetnly only 60 were avaialbe as dealer promos? Owner wants $20,000 for a 1990 with 36,000 miles. Seems REALLY high to me.

I'm not positive but I think the select sixty modles were only made in 88 and they didn't make the convertibles until 90. Don't take my word for it but I think you might be getting a fake. I could be wrong though. Check out <A HREF="http://www.reatta.net" TARGET=_blank>reatta.net </A> There should be some info there

In response to "Kayze"s inquiry about Select Sixty convertibles, YES they do exist! If you have access to the Buick Club member magazine, "The Buick Bugle," there is an excellent article in the January 2001 issue, by Barney Eaton relating the saga of this "dealer appreciation car." There was a total of 65 white over white 1990 Reatta Convertibles produced by Buick as awards for high volume Buick dealers. To receive one, the respective dealer had to have high sales volume and agree not to sell the car for one year after receiving it from Buick. Each car had white '91 16 inch wheels, flame red (91 color) and white interiors, '91 cupholder in the center counsel, CD player and 16 way lumbar seat. They also came with certificates signed by the Buick Plant Manager ( Ed Mertz)and a plaque indicating the car was a Select Sixty and the production number of the car which could be affixed to the dashboard. Is $20,000 too much? Without going into Gresham's Law, most collector cars (and there is a lively debate whether the Reatta falls into this category yet) will bring whatever the market will bear. Several antique/collector car periodicals state a top condition 1990 Reatta convertible with low miles (not 36,000) is worth $20,000-22,000. BUT the present market doesn't seem to indicate this. I have a 1990 Select Sixty Convertible with just over 27,000 miles for sale at $16,500 and have few inquirys about it. Hope this helps. null

Hey Link... that sounds GOOD to me. I would have to sell my Select 60 first though. Anyone interested ???????!!!!! cool.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-01-2001: Message edited by: burkieboy ]