Speakers

Does anyone know who made the speakers for the Reatta? The original owner said the speakers were Bose. Is this true?<P>Baruk<BR>89 Reatta

Thanks guys!<P>I still think they sound good for factory speakers. Don't feel the need to purchase new ones yet.... =)<P>Baruk<BR>89 Reatta

....i have a '90 Riviera and a '88 Reatta and both front speaker woofers blew. i painfully went through the trouble to dismantle all 4 doors (i've found they have differing fasteners for the 2 cars) and replaced the Riviera speakers with discontinued Pioneer high-mid speakers with very favorable result. The Reatta on the other hand...being impatient...i replaced with Radio Shack speakers and the sound was horrendous. These speakers obviously have different "free air resonance" and "sound pressure level" @ wattage specs and caused an imbalance which resulted in poor sound. Now i think i've blown the left front channel...maybe from an impedance mis-match as the tweeter and woofer are dead. At least before i could hear the tweeter coming from the hi-crossover circuit. Or maybe it was one too many Bon Jovi "Livin' on a Prayer" @ max vol. But the OEM speakers do strike a remarkable simiarity to the Bose replacements in the 801's that Bose used in their original design.>>>>>>>